The third BIG baking project - My Daughter's 1st Birthday cake!


I was more excited about this day than she was by FAR!! I had planned it for months.  On her actual birthday we would go get her professional photos taken at Pixi Photo in the morning, go somewhere nice for lunch (not too nice she's still getting used to proper food). Then in the afternoon we went to the Yorkshire Wildlife Park. A lovely fun family day it was too.  Then we had her 1st birthday party at the weekend and so of course I made cake!....


Special Agent Oso the likeness is uncanny!
It had to be a number 1 shaped cake for her first birthday. Which I found a real pain to source. eBay was the only way! Ordinary Victoria sponge mix and covered with white sugar paste.  Hubby made the Special Agent Oso cake topper.
Out of the cake mould, cooled and ready for jam and butter-cream frosting


The finished article

0 comments:

Post a Comment