Cranberry & Apple Chutney

For Christmas I decided to do something a little bit different and a little bit special and make my own Hampers.


The first item I decided to make was a chutney, for this I turned to Nigella's Christmas book and found a recipe for Cranberry & Apple chutney - perfect & christmassy! Also really easy to do! It's definitely not just an old woman thing! Us mere 30 yr olds can have a bash too! (least that's what I'll keep telling myself lol)


Just bung all the ingredients in the pan and away we go!



Just starting to sweat down a bit now and take on the signature chutney colour!
Here it is all ready for potting in my sterilised jars. 
Jars are from ikea £1.89 for pack of 4 very good value and they look pretty too! 

To sterilize the jars I just washed them in the dishwasher and then put in the oven to dry at 140 I think it was, note: don't put the lids in the oven if you get these jars from Ikea it's a plastic lid  not metal - I learnt the hard way! :-)


All potted up in jars

I bought a "fat square" of Christmas material from eBay to put on top of my lids to make them look a bit more festive!



Here they are all finished and labelled up.
I added a bit of gold metallic curling ribbon before putting them into my gift baskets

0 comments:

Post a Comment